Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Toys, Baby Einstein and a lot more Daddy!

Hi All,

If I thought life with a newborn was busy, it was nothing compared to life with a newborn AND and new job.  Time has been FLYING by for the last few weeks.  Ian, David, Lola and I are settling into our new routines, and adjusting to our new life in London.  I still miss Ian terribly when I'm at work, but I try to spend as much time as I can with him when I'm at home. 

Ian's biggest accomplishment over the last couple of weeks is discovering how to use his toys (well - at least learning how to hold them and how to put them in his mouth.)
Ian playing with a stuffed butterfly.

He loves all ring toys - and is really starting to get the hang of grabbing for them.

Ian trying to figure out what to do with this toy.

Then put it promptly in his mouth.
 Ian's Uncle Gary and Aunt Tif also got him a gift this past week: the Baby Einstein DVDs.  Ian LOVES these - its like he is hypnotized by them.  I wasn't sure at first if he'd really be too interested this young, but he proved me wrong!

Ian watching Baby Einstein - he's hooked!


Ian also has his own bathroom at our new place - along with his very own bathtub!  He has started taking baths in the big tub, without using his little bathtub anymore.  He still loves bathtime - and has even started using some of his bath toys - and Mommy has been sneaking in some bath belly time.

Ian's bathtime.

Ian in the tub with Mommy.
Ian and his Daddy have also bonded a lot during their last few weeks together at home.  Its been really great for Dave to spend some time getting to know Ian and they've had lots of fun together.

Here Daddy - I think you need a soother too.

Two boys on a couch.

Ian hanging with Dad.

Ian playing with Daddy and Lola.

Unfortunately, Ian had another first this week: his first cold!  He's still feeling pretty under the weather today, but we hope that he'll start feeling more like himself soon. 


Love Amanda, David and Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment