Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Four Months Old and a New Cousin!

Hi All!

Ian is four months old already!  This last month just flew by!  Ian is getting even more fun by the day - he's becoming very interactive, with lots of smiles and, if we really manage to please him, little giggles.  He's also starting to develop more of a personality - and from what I've seen so far, I have a strong feeling he's going to be a lot like his Dad...  He's now developed excellent head and neck control, and can sit on his own now for several seconds (with close supervision of course) - I think he's gone up to 15 seconds of sitting on his own before toppling to one side. 
Sitting in the computer chair - just like Dad!





He's getting really strong on his belly as well, lifting his head up nice and high and trying to scoot forward - I think he'll be an early crawler!

On his belly!

I'm going to crawl soon - you just watch!

Ian made some attempts at playing the piano - but I don't think its his favorite thing.  The noise seemed to scare him more than entertain him.  I guess we will have to wait a few years to see if he becomes more musically inclined.

Playing the piano!

It has been great being back in London, with so many relatives to spoil Ian.  He really loves the attention - he actually gets quite upset if he's doing something and realizes that no one is watching him.

That's right - everybody look at me!

The most exciting event for Ian (and his Mom and Dad) this week was the birth of his new baby cousin Matthew Charles on August 8, at 8:31 AM.  Congratulations to Uncle Gary and Aunt Tifany!  Little Matthew and Ian have already met - and already make a cute pair!

Yay! A new cousin!

Aww.. he's so cute!

Foot to foot - little Matthew's is almost as big as Ian's already!

Ian has also discovered the joys of bouncing - first in his little bouncer toy, and then in a Jolly Jumper.  I think these have to be his most favorite toys that we've discovered yet. 

Ian Airborne!

Check out some videos of Ian bouncing - and laughing - here:








For his four month birthday, Mommy took the day off work, and Ian and Mommy and Daddy all went to Build a Bear to create a playmate for Ian.  Ian picked out his Teddy and kissed (or slobbered on depending on who you ask...) the bear's heart before he was sewn up.  His Teddy is almost as big as Ian - but Ian seems to like him.
Ian with Teddy!

Happy Four Months!
Although I think my favorite thing about Ian in the last few weeks - is the fact that he's become so much more interested in cuddling.  I love coming home from work and just cuddling with my baby boy.

Ian snuggling with Dad.
Love Amanda and Ian
PS Congrats again to new parents Gary and Tif - parenthood has been a wonderful journey so far, and I'm sure you will both enjoy little Matthew as much as we've enjoyed Ian over the last four months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment