Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Due Date! Yes, I'm still Pregnant...

Hi All!

Well I made it!  40 weeks!  Hopefully the little guy will get the message in the next couple of days and decide its time to make his appearance.  

I had my 40 week appointment today - things looked great.  I had an ultrasound, my first since 19 weeks, and he's really grown a lot.  His little face was all scrunched up and he looked pretty squished in there, but the amniotic fluid levels looked good and there were no signs that he was in distress.

He was a little sleepy during the Non-Stress Test, I had to stay connected to the monitors for over an hour and drink two bottles full of juice before they decided he was OK.  I thought he was moving great, especially for the morning, which is normally his quiet time, but they weren't seeing the nice spikes in heart rate that they wanted to see until after the the second bottle of juice and some shaking of my belly to wake him up a bit more.  But in the end, they decided he looked good enough to let me wait to go into labor on my own.  Yay!

 My 40-week Baby Bump

I actually had two contractions during the time I was on the monitors, but didn't feel them at all.  If it hadn't been for the nurse commenting that I was having them, I never would have known.  However, they seem to be doing something, because since my last check two weeks ago, I've dilated to 2cm from 1cm.  Hopefully that will mean a quicker labor when it actually starts.  Also unnoticed by me, the baby did drop sometime in the last two weeks because he's down and engaged now.  Apparently I'm just really out-of-touch with my uterus...

The OB told me that he will give me until next Friday (April 8th) to go into labor on my own before scheduling an induction.  He also said, that because I'm already partially dilated and effaced, that likely all they would have to do to induce me would be to break my water.  All great news! 

My Giant Belly!

But everything looks good for delivery so I have every hope that I'll be heading to the hospital within the next few days.  Stay tuned for more news! 

Love Amanda

1 comment:

  1. hmm, looks like I'm not going to win the date portion of the bet.

    ReplyDelete