Hi All,
Ian has had a busy couple of weeks. He has learned to smile! Having your baby smile at you has to be one of the best things in the world - its so sweet and special! He will make great big gummy grins when you really entertain him and also smaller smiles if he is just moderately amused. Unfortunately, he's a little camera shy and I have not been able to actually capture a smile on 'film'. I thought I'd caught him smiling on video camera but when I went to watch it back I discovered that I had forgotten to press record. You will have to take my word for it that he was smiling right before the camera came out for the following pics:
 |
| Ian loves being as naked as possible - I think he gets it from his Dad! |
 |
| So cute in blue! |
 |
| This was the closest I got to getting his gummy smile...if only I was a couple seconds faster! |
Also, Ian went swimming for the first time this week in Nanny and Poppy's pool. He was a little unsure at first but then he came around and seemed to really enjoy himself (until he started shivering).
 |
| Swimming with Mommy - kicking his little legs! |
|
|
 |
| Swimming with Aunt Laura - a sorta smile to show he likes it! |
 |
| Drying off in the shade after his dip! |
Ian and I spent the week at Nanny and Poppy's. Ian loved having so many people around to spoil him!
 |
| Ian and his Aunt Laura |
 |
| Ian and Nanny. |
|
|
We are still working on getting him to enjoy tummy time. We thought he may prefer to be on the table, but he didn't tolerate it for long. The only time he seems to like tummy time is when he's lying with his belly on Daddy's tummy.
 |
| Tummy time from the front. |
 |
| Tummy time from the back. |
Ian was very happy to see his Dad again after 5 days of being apart. We went to his soccer game on Sunday. Ian wore orange (the team color) to support his Dad.
 |
| Go Clockwork Orange! |
 |
| Yay Dad! |
 |
| That looked like fun - when can I start to play? |
Ian was a definite good luck charm - Dad's team won 6-3 and made it into the playoffs next week! Ian celebrated by taking a nap with Dad on the couch.
 |
| Passed right out! |
I managed to make him smile so big that he almost giggled today when playing with him, so I am optimistic that I will get a good smile picture before too long... Stay tuned!
Love Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment